Sing Messiah with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir tonight, March 25!
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir will be performing the Messiah, with a live stream included so that you and your family and friends can sing along from wherever you are. Meet at a home (or, in some places, an LDS meetinghouse). See below for links to the concert program, a sample score, and more.
The Messiah Concert will be broadcast live over the internet beginning with a pre-concert feed at 7:00 p.m. MDT. The full concert begins at 7:30 p.m. MDT. Performance will be livestreamed here: mormontabernaclechoir.org/messiah
- View the Messiah Sing Live Stream connection instructions for more information.
- You can download a pdf of the concert program, which includes scriptural text and information about the oratorio.
- A sample public domain score to help you sing along. (Be sure whatever score you use is free of copyright restrictions in your own country.)
If you write about or follow this experience on social media, use the hashtag #MessiahLive.
If you are unable to live stream the concert, an on-demand video will be available from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir website after the concert, until Monday, April 4, 2016.
More about Handel, the Messiah, and a recent recording of this work done by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir:
- Read a little more about Handel here: George Frideric Handel: A Brief History.
- Mack Wilberg, conductor of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, discusses Messiah. He also joins others in an interview about the CD the Mormon Tabernacle Choir released (which is marvelous, by the way).