How can I contribute on Mormon Women?
It’s easy — just send an email to us at gmail, with one of the following usernames: ‘mormonwomen’ or ‘mormonwoman’
What can I contribute?
Feel free to browse our site to see what the different features are like. We love personal essays, photo essays, videos, poetry, quotes or scriptures that inspire you (and why), a “day in my life” post, pictures of your latest creative efforts, original music, etc. We also have a “Portraits of Mormon Women” series that lets Mormon women tell a little about themselves and what being Mormon means to them. If you have thoughts or experiences that can help answer questions about Mormon life and belief, we welcome those as well.
There are really few limitations on content, except the following:
1) You must own all copyrights to, or have permission to use, any creative works used in your submission.
2) If you share personal photos or videos, please obtain permission from any people who appear in these media before submitting them for publication at Mormon Women.
3) We ask that you not use Mormon Women as a place to market commercial products or services.
Is there anything else I need to know?
If your submission is approved for publication, we’ll let you know of the publication date.
(New!) You will also receive a Mormon Women blog/website button coded to link directly to your submission when it is published. (If you have contributed in the past and would like a personalized button, please email us.)
We look forward to hearing from you! Please email us or leave a comment below if you have any questions.
And now, just a little legalese…
Mormon Women: Who We Are is sponsored by the More Good Foundation, which has the mission of promoting positive and accurate information about Mormon life and beliefs online. By submitting content to Mormon Women: Who We Are,
1. You certify that you own all intellectual property rights to all content, and that you have obtained necessary permissions from any subjects (or their legal guardians) who appear in photos, videos, etc.
2. You release to More Good Foundation, its agents, and employees all rights to store your content on More Good Foundation servers and to share your work in electronic form, including incorporating it into other current or future forms of media, including website design. Unless specifically noted in email correspondence, you waive any rights, claims, or interest you may have to control the use of same in whatever MGF websites the media is selectively used. (Non-legal note: If you would prefer that the sharing of your content be limited to Mormon Women and not released for use on other More Good Foundation websites, or if you have any other limitations you want to place on the sharing of your content, please specify that in your email with your submission.)
3. You consent that your first name and identity may be revealed in conjunction with publication of your submission and/or other MGF usage, unless you have requested to remain anonymous. (Another note: Anonymous submissions are perfectly fine. Please just be sure to clearly state that you want your name withheld.)
4. You understand that content may be edited for length, clarity, and consistency with the mission and purpose of More Good Foundation and Mormon Women: Who We Are.
5. You understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration, now or in the future, for use of your content on Mormon Women: Who We Are or on other More Good Foundation websites.