How to run apache2 on Ubuntu?
Debian/Ubuntu Linux-specific commands to start/stop/restart Apache
- Restart the Apache web server 2, type: # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. OR SO. $ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart.
- To stop the Apache web server 2, type: # /etc/init.d/apache2 stop. OR SO.
- To start Apache Web Server 2, type: # /etc/init.d/apache2 start. OR SO.
How to start PHP in Ubuntu?
Open a terminal and type this command: ‘gksudo gedit /var/www/testing.php ‘ (gedit being the default text editor, others should also work) Enter this text in the file and save it: Restart the php server using this command: ‘sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart ‘
How to install MySQL on Ubuntu?
See your app’s documentation for details.
- Install MySQL. Install the MySQL server using the Ubuntu package manager: sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install mysql-server.
- Allow remote access.
- Start the MySQL service.
- Launch on reboot.
- Start the mysql shell.
- Set the root password.
- View users.
- Create a database.
How to download PHP on Ubuntu?
A non-root user who can perform sudo tasks.
- Step 1: Install Apache. Ubuntu 18.04 maintains a central repository where you can install most applications using the apt command.
- Step 2: Install MySQL. Run the command below in the terminal window to install the MySQL server on your Ubuntu 18.04 VPS.
- Step 3: Install PHP.
How do I start a service on Ubuntu?
Start/Stop/Restart Services with Service Command on Ubuntu. You can also start, stop, or restart services by using the service command. Open a terminal window and enter the following commands.
How to start a lamp in Ubuntu?
- Install Ubuntu.
- Open a kiosk.
- Installing additional tasks In your terminal, type: sudo taskbar and press Enter.
- Select the Lamp Server task, press the Tab, and then press enter to install.
- Set MySQL password for root account It may ask you to set the password twice.
How to start phpmyadmin in Ubuntu?
Step 3: Configure the phpMyAdmin package
- Select “apache2” and press OK.
- Select “Yes” and press ENTER.
- Enter your database administrator’s password.
- Enter the password you want to use to access the phpMyAdmin interface.
- Confirm your phpMyAdmin password.
- Log in to phpMyAdmin as root.
How to open file with php file on Linux?
You need a web server to view php files. Open Terminal using Ctrl+Alt+T, now type sudo -H gedit, then type your password and press Enter. This will open the gEdit program with root permission. Now open your file .php where it is or simply drag the file into gEdit.
How do I know if PHP is installed on Linux?
Open a bash shell terminal and use the command “php -version” or “php -v” to get the version of PHP installed on the system. As you can see both in the output of the command above, PHP 5.4.16 is installed on the system. 2. You can also check the versions of the packages installed on the system to get the PHP version.
How to install the latest version of MySQL on Ubuntu?
MySQL offers a tool to take care of the configuration and installation of MySQL software repositories – the tool .deb. Once the repositories are set up, you will have access to the standard Ubuntu apt-get command to install the software. Download the .deb file with curl and then install it with the dpkg command.
Can’t connect to the local MySQL server via the socket?
Unable to connect to local MySQL server via socket [Solved]
- First, check if the mysqld service is running or not. If not, launch it:
- Try connecting to 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost. If you connect to localhost, it will use the socket connector, but if you connect to 127.0.0.1, the TCP/IP connector will be used.
- Edit the my.cnf file.
How do I access MySQL from the terminal?
How to connect to MySQL from the command line
- Log in to your A2 hosting account using SSH.
- At the command line, type the following command, replacing USERNAME with your user name: mysql -u USERNAME -p.
- At the Enter Password prompt, enter your password.
- To view a list of databases, type the following command at the mysql> prompt:
How to download Curl on Ubuntu?
To install cURL using the apt-get install command, follow these steps.
- Type the following command to download the package lists from the repositories and update them:
- Enter the following command to install cURL: sudo apt-get install curl.
- To verify that cURL is running correctly, type this command:
How to install WordPress on Ubuntu?
Install LAMP on Ubuntu and Linux Mint
- Step 1: Install the Apache web server. To install the Apache web server, run the command below: $sudo apt-get install apache2 apache2-utils.
- Step 2: Install the MySQL database server.
- Step 3: Install PHP and the modules.
- Step 4: Install the WordPress CMS.
- Step 5: Create a WordPress database.
How to start laravel in Ubuntu?
To start installing Laravel, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Install Apache2.
- Step 2: Install MariaDB.
- Step 3: Install PHP and related modules.
- Step 4: Install Composer to download Laravel.
- Step 5: Configure Apache2.
- Step 6: Enable the Laravel and Rewrite module.
- Step 7: Restart Apache2.
How to create a service in Ubuntu?
Debian and Ubuntu (sysvinit)
- Create a user for the desired service.
- Make sure that the created user has full access to the binary you want to configure: /usr/bin/python.
- Adjust the variables: sudo vi /etc/init.d/example.
- Make sure the script is executable: chmod +x /etc/init.d/example.
- Activate the daemon with:
- Start the service with:
How do I start and stop a service on Linux?
I remember that at the time, to start or stop a Linux service, I had to open a terminal window, switch to the /etc/rc.d/ file (or /etc/init.d, depending on the distribution I was using), locate the service and run the /etc/rc.d/SERVICE start command. stop.
How do I start Linux?
7 Steps to Start Your SysAdmin Linux Career
- Install Linux. It should almost go without saying, but the first key to learning Linux is to install Linux.
- Take LFS101x. If you’re completely new to Linux, the best place to start is our free LFS101x Introduction to Linux course.
- Look in LFS201.
- Train yourself!
- Obtain certification.
- Be involved.
How do I start a lamp on Linux?
Installation of the LAMP
- Download the LAMP stack from here: http://www.ampps.com/download. Download the one under the Linux section.
- Run the following command to install AMPPS on Linux.
- Run the /usr/local/ampps/Ampps file from the GUI to start the application.
- Click the Start button in Apache and MySQL to start the servers.
How to start Xampp on Ubuntu?
Create a shortcut to start XAMPP in Ubuntu
- Right-click on the Ubuntu desktop and select “Create Launcher”.
- Select “Application in Terminal” for the type.
- Enter “Start XAMPP” for the name (or enter what you want to call your shortcut).
- Enter “sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start” in the Command field.
- Click OK.
What is the Lamp Ubuntu Server?
The LAMP stack is a group of open source software used to run web servers. The acronym stands for Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP. Since the virtual private server is already running Ubuntu, the Linux part is supported. Here’s how to install the rest.
How to remove PHP from Ubuntu completely?
It worked for me:
- sudo apt-get remove -y –purge php7.0*
- sudo add-apt-repository –remove ppa:ondrej/php.
- back php7 nginx conf.
- edit the conf nginx to run php5: change: fastcgipass unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock.
- sudo apt-get update.
- install php5: sudo apt-get install php5-fpm php5-mysql.
How do I check if PHP is installed correctly?
You can check the version by running a simple PHP file on your web server. You can also check which version is installed on your local computer using the command prompt or terminal.
- Open a text or code editor.
- Enter the following code.
- Save the file as a PHP file.
- Create a more detailed report (optional).
How to download PHP?
- Step 1: Download the files. Download the latest PHP 5 ZIP package on www.php.net/downloads.php.
- Step 2: Extract the files.
- Step 3: Configure php.ini.
- Step 4: Add C:php to the path environment variable.
- Step 5: Configure PHP as an Apache module.
- Step 6: Test a PHP file.
How do I connect to the MySQL server?
To create a connection to a MySQL database using SSL encryption and the X protocol, follow these steps:
- Click the MySQL button ( ) in Visual Studio Server Explorer to open the MySQL Connections Manager window.
- Click Add New Connection to create a new connection.
Is blocked due to many unblocked connection errors with Mysqladmin dump hosts?
Unblock with ‘mysqladmin flush-hosts’ The number of interrupted connection requests allowed is determined by the value of the system variable max_connect_errors. If you get this error message for a given host, you must first verify that there is nothing wrong with that host’s TCP/IP connections.
Is the MySQL server free?
MySQL is free and open source software under the terms of the GNU General Public License, and is also available under various proprietary licenses. MySQL is a component of the LAMP (and others) web application software stack, which is an acronym for Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl/PHP/Python.
How to install WooCommerce on Ubuntu?
To start installing WooCommerce, continue with the steps below:
- STEP 1: PREPARE AND UPDATE UBUNTU.
- STEP 2: INSTALL THE APACHE2 WEB SERVER.
- STEP 3: INSTALL THE MARIADB DATABASE SERVER.
- STEP 4: INSTALL PHP AND RELATED MODULES.
- STEP 5: CREATE A BLANK WORDPRESS DATABASE.
- STEP 6: SET UP THE NEW WORDPRESS SITE.
Can I install WordPress on Linux hosting?
Install WordPress on your Linux-hosted domain using cPanel. If you want to use WordPress to build your website or use it for something like a blog, you need to install it on your hosting account first. Next to the cPanel account you want to use, click Manage. In the Web Applications section, click WordPress Blog.
How to install WordPress on Digital Ocean?
How to Create a WordPress Droplet in DigitalOcean
- Step 1: We start by creating a droplet in the WPExplorer project.
- Step 2: Select Ubuntu as the operating system of your droplet and then select the Applications tab with one click.
- Step 3: Select WordPress on 18.04.
- Step 4: DigitalOcean droplets can be deployed on 8 different data centers.
Photo in the “Flickr” article https://www.flickr.com/photos/xmodulo/15838669386/