If you forgot your Windows 8.1 password, there are several ways to recover or reset it:
- If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
- If you use a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online.
- If you’re using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
How do I sign in to Windows 10 if I forgot my password?
Simply press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard to open the Quick Access menu and click Command Prompt (Admin). To reset your forgotten password, type the following command and press Enter. Replace account_name and new_password with your desired username and password respectively.
How to Bypass a Windows Password?
In order to make full use of Command Prompt to bypass Windows 7 login password, please choose the third one. Step 1: Restart your Windows 7 computer and hold down the F8 key to access Advanced Boot Options. Step 2: Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the coming screen and press Enter.
How to bypass login screen in Windows 10?
Way 1: Bypass Windows 10 Login Screen with netplwiz
How do I reset a forgotten password on my laptop?
Use the hidden administrator account
- Start (or restart) your computer and press F8 several times.
- From the menu that appears, choose Safe Mode.
- Enter “Administrator” in Username (note the capital A) and leave the password blank.
- You must be logged in in safe mode.
- Go to Control Panel, then User Accounts.
How to login to Windows 10 without password?
First, click on the Windows 10 Start menu and type Netplwiz. Select the program that appears with the same name. This window gives you access to Windows user accounts and many password controls. At the very top is a checkmark next to the option labeled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
How to bypass Windows 10 password when locked?
Type “netplwiz” in the Run box and press Enter.
How do I change my Windows password without the old password?
Change Windows Password Without Knowing Old Password Easily
- Right-click on the Windows icon and select the Manage option from the context menu that appears.
- Find and expand the entry named Local Users and Groups in the left pane, then click Users.
- In the right pane of the window, find the user account whose password you want to change and right-click on it.
How to bypass a password?
Press Windows key + R to launch the Run command box. Type netplwiz and press Enter. In the User Accounts dialog box, select the user you want to automatically log in to and uncheck the “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer” option. Click OK.
How to bypass a locked computer?
Insert the boot disk into the locked computer and restart it. Press the F2, F8, Esc or Del key on your keyboard to activate the boot menu options, then select the name of the USB flash drive and press Enter. Now the computer will boot from the USB drive. If you forgot to do this, the computer will go to the login screen.
How can I get rid of the boot password?
Two Effective Methods to Remove Boot Password
How can I bypass the administrator password?
The password checker is bypassed in safe mode and you will be able to access “Start”, “Control Panel”, then “User Accounts”. In User Accounts, remove or reset the password. Save the change and restart Windows via an appropriate system restart procedure (“Start” then “Restart”.).
How to bypass local password in Windows 10?
Windows 10 login without password – bypass it with 9 tricks
- Press “Windows + R” to open Run, in the text box type: netplwiz, then press “Enter”.
- On the Auto Login page, enter “Username”, “Password” and “Confirm Password”, click “OK”.
How to unlock laptop without password?
Follow the instructions below to unlock Windows password:
How to unlock HP laptop without password?
Part 1. How to Unlock HP Laptop without Disk via HP Recovery Manager
- Turn off your laptop, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on.
- Keep pressing the F11 button on your keyboard and select “HP Recovery Manager” and wait for the program to load.
- Continue with the program and choose “System Recovery”.
How do I reset my laptop password with a USB flash drive?
Create a password reset disk
Photo in “Wikimedia Commons” article https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Facial_login_as_password_using_laptop_camera.jpg