Log off, shut down and restart PC commands in Ubuntu, Linux Mint and derivatives
- Logout: launch “Terminal” and type the following command: gnome-session-quit.
- Close. It’s simple.
- Restart. There are two ways to restart your PC.
- Hibernate. Hibernate does not work well on Linux.
- Suspend / Sleep.
In Ubuntu’s case, you can use reboot or halt , etc. They all invoke the shutdown command. (It immediately stops all processes and shuts down the computer.) Edit: Once you’re already running as root, you don’t need to type sudo. You have stopped your server. Unless the server supports the wake from lan option, you can no longer enable it remotely. To restart the server, use the reboot command via ssh. The shutdown command has many options. For example, if you want to shut down your computer in 30 minutes, then sudo shutdown +30 would be the command. If you want to shut down your computer at 5:30 p.m. (for example), then sudo shutdown 17:30 would be the command to use. Check this in the config file: /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended -upgrades that you have set: Unattended-Upgrade::Automatic-Reboot “false”; This will also prevent the software from restarting if upgrades require it. See the Ubuntu documentation for more information. With the BIOS, quickly press and hold the Shift key, which will bring up the GNU GRUB menu. (If you see the Ubuntu logo, you missed the point where you can enter the GRUB menu.)Ansible: restart the server in the playbook and wait for it to come back.
- Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04.
- Task 1: Upgrade Ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04.
- Task 2: Restart the remote machine.
- Task 3: Wait for the remote machine to finish rebooting and continue with other tasks.
- port – Which port Ansible can check on the remote machine after the “timeout” has expired.
- timeout – Don’t check it for the number of seconds.
You can search the adapters like this ip link if you are sure you have covered all the adapters then try reloading the modules. 4) restart your network adapters sudo service restart network or sudo systemctl restart network , or service network-manager restart .
How to reboot Linux?
To shut down the system from a terminal session, log in or “su” to the “root” account. Then type “/sbin/shutdown -r now”. It may take several moments for all processes to complete, then Linux will shut down. The computer will restart on its own.
How to restart in terminal?
The terminal. This command will immediately perform a reboot on your Mac. You can replace the “-r” with a “-h” to shut down (shut down) the system instead of restarting it, and can replace “now” with a number to indicate the seconds until the shutdown or the restart takes place.
How do I restart my server?
How to reboot from command prompt?
How to restart/shutdown using CMD
- Step 1: Open CMD. to open CMD: on your keyboard: hold down the Windows logo key and press “R”
- Step 2: Command line to reboot. to restart, type the following (noting the spaces): shutdown /r /t 0.
- Step 3: Good to know: command line to stop. for Shutdown, type the following (noting the spaces): shutdown /s /t 0.
How to restart a Linux service?
Enter the restart command. Type sudo systemctl restart service in Terminal, making sure to replace the service part of the command with the service command name, then press ↵ Enter . For example, to restart Apache on Ubuntu Linux, you would type sudo systemctl restart apache2 in Terminal.
What is the Linux reboot command?
Linux shutdown/restart command. In Linux, like all tasks, shutdown and restart operations can also be performed from the command line. The commands are the shutdown, halt, poweroff, reboot and REISUB keys.
How do I completely reset Ubuntu?
The steps are the same for all versions of Ubuntu OS.
How to update in terminal?
Follow these steps:
- Open a terminal window.
- Run the sudo apt-get upgrade command.
- Enter your user password.
- Review the list of available updates (see Figure 2) and decide if you want to perform the full upgrade.
- To accept all updates, click the “y” key (without quotes) and press Enter.
How to restart Apache?
Debian/Ubuntu Linux specific commands to start/stop/restart Apache
Why do I need to restart my server?
The point of a regular reboot here is to make these failures more manageable. This is also to ensure that the reboot only occurs at a time when the server is scheduled for maintenance. Reboot failure during maintenance can be mitigated with no business impact.
How to restart a server remotely?
Please follow these steps to restart the server from another computer.
- Log on as “administrator” to another computer using remote desktop access.
- Change the administrator password to that of the server you want to restart.
- Open a DOS window and run “Shutdown -m \##.##.##.## /r”. ”
How to reboot via SSH?
Step-by-step guide to reboot a remote server using SSH reboot
How to restart a service?
Restart Windows Service
- Open Services. Windows 8 or 10: Open the Start screen, type services.msc and press Enter. Windows 7 and Vista: Click the Start button, type services.msc in the search field, and press Enter.
- In the Services pop-up window, select the desired application and click the Restart Service button.
How to restart a web service?
How do I restart my CWP?
[[email protected] ~]# shutdown -r +10 » Rebooting in 10 minutes.
To restart the server where you installed CWP:
- As usual, access the CWP root account.
- Go to CWP Settings -> Restart Server.
- To restart the server immediately, click the Restart Server Now button.
- Wait a few minutes and refresh the page.
How to shut down a Linux system?
The description. halt, poweroff, and reboot are commands you can run as root to shut down system hardware. halt tells the hardware to halt all processor functions. poweroff sends an ACPI signal that instructs the system to power off.
How to check when the Linux server was last restarted?
How to display Linux system reboot date and time
What is the difference between init 6 and reboot?
On Linux, the init 6 command normally reboots the system by running all K* shutdown scripts first, before rebooting. The reboot command performs a very fast reboot. It doesn’t run any shutdown scripts, just unmounts filesystems and reboots the system. The restart command is more powerful.
How to restart Apache on CentOS 7?
Restart Apache on CentOS 7
- Step 1: Restart Apache server using Systemctl command. Open a terminal window and enter the following: sudo systemctl restart httpd.service.
- Step 2: Restart the HTTPD server using the Apachectl command script. Apache recommends using a control script to pass commands to the httpd process.
How to restart Apache in WHM?
Restart a VPS or Dedicated Server with WHM
How to check Apache version?
You can also check the Apache version from WebHost Manager:
- In the left menu of WHM, locate the Server Status section and click Apache Status. You can start typing “Apache” into the search menu to quickly narrow down the choices.
- The current Apache version will be displayed next to the server version on the Apache status page.
How to restart Ubuntu?
Restart the computer by pressing the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys simultaneously or using the Shut Down/Restart menu if Ubuntu still boots correctly. To open GRUB recovery mode, press F11, F12, Esc, or Shift while booting.
How to restart a VPS?
Restarting your VPS. If necessary, you can restart your VPS within your panel: Go to the Dashboard page. To the right of your VPS, click on the Restart button under the “Action” column.
How to restart Windows Server?
Once connected to your Windows 2012 server with Remote Desktop, follow these steps:
Photo in “Wikimedia Commons” article https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:GRUB_screenshot.png