You just need to do some preparation in PowerShell.
- Step 1: Activate the subsystem in PowerShell. Search for “PowerShell” in the start menu.
- Step 2: Install your Linux distribution from the Windows Store. Go to Windows Store and click on the Linux distribution you want to install.
- Step 3: Launch and run the distro.
How do I get the Linux Subsystem for Windows?
How to Install Windows 10 Linux Subsystem on Your PC
What is Windows 10 Linux Subsystem?
Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new feature in Windows 10 that lets you run native Linux command-line tools directly on Windows, alongside your traditional Windows desktop and modern store apps.
How to install Linux on Windows 10?
First, choose your Linux distribution. Download it and create USB installation media or burn it to DVD. Start it on a PC already running Windows. You may need to change Secure Boot settings on a Windows 8 or Windows 10 computer. Launch the installer and follow the instructions.
How to get Ubuntu on Windows 10?
Installation d’Ubuntu Bash pour Windows 10
- Open the Settings app and navigate to Update & Security -> For Developers and choose the “Developer Mode” radio button.
- Then go to Control Panel -> Programs and click “Turn Windows feature on or off”. Enable “Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta)”.
- After restarting, go to Start and search for “bash”. Run the “bash.exe” file.
How to know if the Windows Subsystem is installed on Linux?
Scroll down and check the box next to “Windows Subsystem for Linux”; click OK and reboot. If “Windows Subsystem for Linux” has “(beta)” next to it, the Fall Creators Update is not installed. Open the Windows Store and search for “ubuntu 16.04 LTS”. Select “Get”.
How do I run the Windows installer?
What is the difference between Linux and Windows?
The prior difference between Linux and Windows operating system is that Linux is totally free while Windows is a marketable and expensive operating system. On the other hand, in Windows, users cannot access the source code, and it is a licensed operating system.
Is Windows 10 Linux based?
Microsoft has built its own Linux operating system. You’ve probably only heard of one of the new operating systems that Microsoft recently released: Windows 10. The company actually has another new operating system it’s excited about, and it’s based on Linux. Microsoft has indeed released an operating system based on Linux.
How to install Linux on Windows?
Follow the steps below to install Linux Mint in dual boot with Windows:
- Step 1: Create a USB drive or live disk.
- Step 2: Create a new partition for Linux Mint.
- Step 3: Boot to Live USB.
- Step 4: Start the installation.
- Step 5: Prepare the partition.
- Step 6: Create root, swap and home.
- Step 7: Follow the trivial instructions.
How to install Windows 10 after Linux?
2. Install Windows 10
How do I install Linux on my PC?
Installation de Linux
- Step 1) Download .iso or OS files to your computer from this link.
- Step 2) Download free software like ‘Universal USB Installer to create a bootable USB drive.
- Step 3) Select an Ubuntu distribution from the drop-down list to put on your USB drive.
- Step 4) Click YES to install Ubuntu from USB.
How to run Linux commands on Windows 10?
To install the Bash shell on your Windows 10 PC, follow these steps:
Can you run Ubuntu on Windows 10?
Yes, you can now run the Ubuntu Unity desktop on Windows 10. It’s not easy to do, and it’s far from a full Linux desktop, but it’s a start. If you want to run the Ubuntu Linux desktop on Windows 10 for work, I recommend doing so through a virtual machine (VM) program such as Oracle’s VirtualBox.
How to install WSL on Windows 10?
Before you can install any version of Linux on Windows 10, you must install WSL using Control Panel.
- Open Settings.
- Click Apps.
- Click Apps & Features.
- Under “Related Settings” on the right side, click the Programs and Features link.
- Click the Turn Windows features on or off link.
How to uninstall Ubuntu and install Windows 10?
Completely remove Windows 10 and install Ubuntu
How to activate Linux on Windows 10?
How to Enable Linux Bash Shell in Windows 10
- Go to Settings.
- Click Update & Security.
- Select For Developers in the left column.
- Select Developer Mode under “Use Developer Features” if it is not already enabled.
- Go to Control Panel (the old Windows Control Panel).
- Select Programs and Features.
- Click “Turn Windows features on or off”.
Can you run Linux on Windows?
For example, you can run Windows on a Mac or you can install Linux on a Windows 7 machine using virtualization software. Technically, Linux will be the “guest” operating system while “Windows” will be considered the host operating system. And aside from VMware, you can also VirtualBox to run Linux inside Windows.
What can you do with Ubuntu on Windows?
Everything you can do with Windows 10’s new Bash shell
Can I install Windows 10 for free?
Although you can no longer use the “Get Windows 10” tool to upgrade from Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, it is still possible to download Windows 10 installation media from Microsoft and then to provide a Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 key when you install it. If so, Windows 10 will be installed and activated on your PC.
How can I get Windows 10 for free?
How to Get Windows 10 for Free: 9 Ways
- Upgrade to Windows 10 from the Accessibility page.
- Provide a Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 key.
- Reinstall Windows 10 if you’ve already upgraded.
- Download Windows 10 ISO file.
- Ignore the key and ignore the activation warnings.
- Become a Windows Insider.
- Change your clock.
Where can I download Windows 10 for free?
To get your free copy of the full version of Windows 10, follow the steps outlined below.
Why is Linux faster than Windows?
Linux is much faster than Windows. That’s why Linux runs 90 percent of the world’s 500 fastest supercomputers, while Windows runs 1 percent. What’s new is that an alleged Microsoft operating system developer recently admitted that Linux is indeed much faster, and explained why that is.
Why is Linux better than Windows?
Linux is much more stable than Windows, it can run for 10 years without needing a single reboot. Linux is open source and completely free. Linux is much more secure than Windows OS, Windows malware does not affect Linux, and viruses are much less in Linux compared to Windows.
Comment installer Linux ?
3 command line tools to install local Debian packages (.DEB)
- Install the software using the Dpkg command. Dpkg is a package manager for Debian and its derivatives such as Ubuntu and Linux Mint.
- Install the software using the Apt command.
- Install the software using the Gdebi command.
Photo in Wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_Software