2. Install Windows 10
- Boot Windows installation from a bootable DVD/USB drive.
- Once you have provided the Windows activation key, choose “Custom Install”.
- Select the primary NTFS partition (we just created in Ubuntu 16.04)
- After a successful installation, the Windows boot loader replaces the grub.
How to install Windows 10 with Linux?
Can I install Windows after Ubuntu?
Install Windows after Ubuntu/Linux. As you know, the most common and probably the most recommended way to dual boot Ubuntu and Windows is to install Windows first, then Ubuntu. But the good news is that your Linux partition is intact, including the original bootloader and other Grub configurations.
How to uninstall Ubuntu and install Windows?
- Boot a live CD/DVD/USB with Ubuntu.
- Choose “Try Ubuntu”
- Download and install OS-Uninstaller.
- Start the software and select the operating system you want to uninstall.
- When everything is finished, restart your computer, and voila, only Windows is on your computer or of course no operating system!
Can you install Windows 10 on Ubuntu?
This tutorial will walk you through how to perform a dual-boot Ubuntu 16.10 and Ubuntu 16.04 installation with a Microsoft OS on machines pre-installed with Windows 10. If your hardware uses UEFI, you need to modify the EFI. settings and disable the Secure Boot feature.
Should I install Windows or Ubuntu first?
They can be installed in any order. The only difference is that installing Windows first will allow the Linux installer to detect it and automatically add an entry to the bootloader. Install Windows. Install EasyBCD in Windows and set default boot loader startup in Ubuntu using Windows environment.
How to install Windows 10 from Ubuntu ISO?
More videos on YouTube
How to install Windows on the same computer as Linux?
Dual Boot Windows and Linux: Install Windows first if no operating system is installed on your PC. Create Linux installation media, boot into the Linux installer and select the option to install Linux with Windows.
How do I extend my Ubuntu partition?
How to resize partitions with Ubuntu or GParted Live CD
- Boot an Ubuntu or GParted Live CD.
- Open GParted.
- Right click on the partition you want to shrink.
- Select Resize.
- Shrink or delete the target partition (be sure to leave at least a few GB for an operating system to play with, especially Windows, unless you’re deleting it completely).
How to run Ubuntu and Windows on the same computer?
The steps to start Ubuntu with Windows 7 are as follows:
How to erase Linux and install Windows?
To remove Linux from your computer and install Windows: Remove the native, swap, and boot partitions used by Linux: Boot your computer to the Linux installation diskette, type fdisk at the command prompt, then press ENTER . NOTE: For help with the Fdisk tool, type m at the command prompt, then press ENTER.
How do I completely reset Ubuntu?
The steps are the same for all versions of Ubuntu OS.
- Back up all your personal files.
- Restart the computer by pressing the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys simultaneously or using the Shut Down/Restart menu if Ubuntu still boots correctly.
- To open GRUB recovery mode, press F11, F12, Esc, or Shift while booting.
How to remove Windows 10 and install Linux?
Completely remove Windows 10 and install Ubuntu
How to uninstall Ubuntu from Windows 10?
Suggested clip 78 seconds
How to remove Ubuntu from dual boot Windows 10 – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How to install Windows 10 on Ubuntu using virtualbox?
Installation de VirtualBox
- Download Windows 10 ISO.
- Create a new virtual machine.
- Allocate RAM.
- Create a virtual drive.
- Locate the Windows 10 ISO.
- Configure video settings.
- Launch the installer.
- Install VirtualBox Guest Additions.
How to install Ubuntu and Windows 10 on the same computer?
How to install Ubuntu with Windows 10 [dual-boot]
Why is Linux better than Windows?
Linux is much more stable than Windows, it can run for 10 years without needing a single reboot. Linux is open source and completely free. Linux is much more secure than Windows OS, Windows malware does not affect Linux, and viruses are much less in Linux compared to Windows.
Can I install Linux on Windows 10?
Windows 10 is not the only (type of) free operating system that you can install on your computer. Linux can run from a simple USB drive without modifying your existing system, but you’ll want to install it on your PC if you plan to use it regularly.
How to start Ubuntu after installation?
The graphic way
- Insert your Ubuntu CD, restart your computer, and configure it to boot from CD into BIOS and boot into a live session. You can also use a LiveUSB if you have created one in the past.
- Install and run Boot-Repair.
- Click on “Recommended repair”.
- Now restart your system. The usual GRUB boot menu should appear.
How to format a USB flash drive in Ubuntu?
How to create a bootable USB drive from an ISO?
Bootable USB with Rufus
- Open the program with a double-click.
- Select your USB key in “Device”
- Select “Create bootable disc using” and “ISO Image” option
- Right-click on the CD-ROM symbol and select the ISO file.
- Under ‘New volume name’ you can enter any name you want for your USB drive.
How to Run Rufus on Ubuntu?
You don’t have rufus for linux.
Can I use Ubuntu and Windows at the same time?
The short answer is yes, you can run Windows and Ubuntu at the same time. Then you will install a program on Windows, such as Virtualbox or VMPlayer (call it VM). When you launch this program, you will be able to install another operating system, for example Ubuntu, in the virtual machine as a guest.
Can I install Ubuntu from Windows?
If you want to use Linux while leaving Windows installed on your computer, you can install Ubuntu in a dual-boot configuration. Simply place the Ubuntu installer on a USB stick, CD or DVD using the same method as above. Follow the installation process and select the option to install Ubuntu with Windows.
Can I install Windows and Ubuntu on the same partition?
With this, it is also possible to shrink your existing Windows partition, although it is not possible from Windows. In the newly created free space, you can set up a partition for Ubuntu. First, Windows 7 uses NTFS, while Ubuntu uses ext4 by default for its file system.
Photo in “Cucumber” article https://cucumber.io/docs/installation/