To use local backup to transfer WhatsApp messages between Android devices, follow the steps below: 1.
Launch WhatsApp on your old Android device, go to Menu button > Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Backup, and backup WhatsApp messages.
Can you transfer WhatsApp conversations to a new phone?
Once you have safely transferred your backup, you can install WhatsApp on your new Android phone. During the installation process, WhatsApp will automatically find your backup and ask you if you want to restore it. Once restored, your old chats will appear on your new phone.
How do I transfer WhatsApp to my new phone?
- Copy your WhatsApp chat backup file to this folder.
- Now start WhatsApp on your new phone and verify your phone number. You should now receive a notification that a message backup was found. Just hit Restore, and you’re done. After a few seconds, all of your messages should appear on your new device.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Data from Windows Phone to Android?
Go to WhatsApp > Menu button > Settings > Chat settings > Backup conversations. Then transfer this backup to your new Android phone. If your phone has an external microSD card, remove the microSD card from your old phone and insert it into your new one. Now install Whatsapp on your new phone.
Does Samsung Smart Switch forward WhatsApp messages?
After switching to a new Samsung Galaxy Note 9, you can transfer WhatsApp chats from an old Android phone to this one using Google Drive. Step 1: Run WhatsApp app on your old phone. Head over to Menu button > Settings > Chats > Chat backup where you can check backup options under Google Drive settings.
How do I transfer WhatsApp chats from my Android to Google Drive?
Here’s how to back up with Google Drive:
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone?
3 Methods to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone
- Download, install and launch whatsMate on PC, tap on “Transfer WhatsApp between Devices” option.
- Using 2 USB cables to connect Android device and iPhone to computer.
- After login, you can choose “Chats”, “Contacts”, “Calls” and click “Transfer” to move WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
How do I transfer WhatsApp to my new Samsung phone?
Make sure the chats are saved on your external SD card if your phone has one. Install the SD card in your new phone. Step 2. If WhatsApp chats are installed on the internal drive of your Samsung device, you need to transfer the backup files from old Samsung to the same folder on your new S8.
Can you transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone?
From the main screen, select “Restore Social App” > “WhatsApp” > “Forward WhatsApp Messages”. Once Android and iPhone are detected, you can see the following screen. Click “Transfer” to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone.
How do I transfer my WhatsApp to my new phone with the same number?
Start the process by using the Change Number feature on your old phone, then complete it by reinstalling WhatsApp on your new phone.
On the new phone:
How do I restore my WhatsApp chat from Windows to Android?
On your Android phone, download and run WinWazzapMigrator. This application converts the Windows database into an Android database so that Android WhatsApp can “see” it. Download and reinstall WhatsApp on your Android phone. Log in with the same number you backed up from, then restore your backup locally.
Can I transfer data from Windows Phone to Android?
1. You can effortlessly transfer data from Windows phone to Android phone through your desktop in an old-fashioned way. Simply connect your Windows phone to your desktop using a Micro USB cable. Select the item you want to have on your new Android device and paste it into a folder.
How do I recover a WhatsApp account if I lost my phone but my new phone has a different number?
After locking your stolen phone’s SIM card, you can use a new SIM card with the same number to activate WhatsApp on your new phone. This is the fastest way to deactivate your account on the stolen phone. WhatsApp can only be activated with one phone number on a device at a time.
How to transfer from old Samsung to new Samsung?
- Step 1: Install the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile app on both of your Galaxy devices.
- Step 2: Place the two Galaxy devices within 50cm of each other and then launch the app on both devices.
- Step 3: Once the devices are connected, you will see a list of data types that you can choose to transfer.
How to Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to Samsung?
To restore an older local backup
How to Restore WhatsApp Messages on Samsung?
#2. Recover WhatsApp Chat History from Older (Less Recent) Backups
- Uninstall WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp database or backup folder. Decide which backup file you want to restore.
- Rename this file from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt7” to “msgstore.db.crypt7”.
- Install WhatsApp.
- When prompted to restore, tap Restore.
How to transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android?
The folder is located in your device’s internal memory or external SD card. To use local backup to transfer WhatsApp messages between Android devices, follow the steps below: 1. Launch WhatsApp on your old Android device, go to Menu button > Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Backup, and backup whatsapp messages.
How to transfer from Android to iPhone?
How to move your data from Android to iPhone or iPad with Move to iOS
Step 1: Launch WhatsApp Messenger on your Android and tap the menu on the top right corner, then choose Settings. Step 2: Next, navigate to Chats & Calls > Chat Backup > Backup. Make sure to link your Gmail account to your WhatsApp in order to successfully download your chat backup.
Can we switch to IOS to transfer WhatsApp?
Even though the Move to iOS app allows you to transfer a lot of data, unfortunately it does not support transferring your music, passwords and apps. Due to such feature, WhatsApp is unlikely to be moved from Android to iPhone with this app.
Can I restore WhatsApp messages from Google Drive to iPhone?
You can only restore Whatsapp chats from Google Drive if you are using an Android phone and from iCloud if you have an iPhone.
How do I restore my WhatsApp chats from Google Drive?
Delete your backup file from your Google Account
- Go to the Google Drive website and sign in to your Google account.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner > Settings > Manage apps.
- Scroll down until you find WhatsApp in the list.
- Once you find WhatsApp in the list, wait for the “hidden app data” size to appear.
How do I transfer my WhatsApp to a new phone?
How to Transfer WhatsApp to New Android Phone and New Number
How do I transfer my WhatsApp to another phone?
To transfer a local backup from one Android phone to another, please follow these steps: To begin, manually back up your most recent chats. Go to WhatsApp > Menu button > Settings > Chats & calls > Backup chats.
Will I lose my WhatsApp groups if I change my phone?
Yes, you can switch between mobile devices without losing any of your private or group chats in WhatsApp. To do this, go to Settings > Chat > Chat Backups. Wait for your backup to complete on your old device.
Photo in “Wikimedia Commons” article https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WhatsApp_screenshot_rus.png